As a part of the same mission, we at ADR are organizing an amazing Night Ultra event in the pristine township of Ahmedabad – ADANI SHANTIGRAM.
So join us, experience the joy of running, enjoy the camaraderie in an event which is literally “By the runners..for the runners”
- Propagate running as a fitness activity and motivate more people to take up running.
- Aligning with the Clean India initiative, having a clean & green event. To accomplish this we will have a zero litter policy and no plastic water bottle distribution at Hydration Counters.
- 4 HOUR RUN
- 8 HOUR RUN
- 12 HOUR RUN
Minimum participation requirement in each category is 15. Minimum distance to be run is 6 laps ie approx 25 km.
Which category should I participate in?
As a participant, it is important to realize that this is not a race. There are no podiums or timing chips here.
4 Hour Run – This is targetted to 10k and beginner half marathoners. This is a perfect opportunity to stretch the mental barrier and cross the distance and duration you have done in a single run so far
8 Hour Run – This is targetted at experienced half marathoners and beginner full marathoners who want to go the distance and then open up the possibilities for a cracking Full Marathon in the coming season
12 Hour Run – This is targetted at experienced full marathoners and beginner ultra runners who get a perfect opportunity to strut their stuff. Go well beyond 50K and brag about it for life!!
Event Date: 7th April, 2018
Reporting Time: 7 PM
Flag Off: 8 PM
Venue: Lawn near the Shopping Complex, Adani Shantigram Township
Event Timing: 12 hours starting from 8 PM to 8 AM ( 8th April 2018)
The run route is a 2 km out and back course starting from the Party Lawn uptil the U-Turn near Jain Derasar and back. This is a lap of 4 km ( approx). It is a well lit, lush and green course.
Facilities Available at the Event
- Hydration Stations – Hydration station would be placed at the start point and at the U-turn point. Basically, a participant will have a hydration station every 2 km. Each hydration station will have water, electrolyte, fruit and salt. Participant is expected to carry his/her own water bottle. Alternatively we will provide water in re usable cups at the hydration station.
- Washroom – Washrooms are available both at the start venue and also near the U-turn point. So washrooms available at every 2 km.
- Medical Checkup – Vital signs of every participant would be checked after every 3 laps ie 12 km. This would be done at the start venue. Physiotherapy would also be provided wherever necessary.
- Food – What is an Ultra run without food? Ample food would be made available at a dedicated area inside the start venue where you can have food and then resume with your running.
- Photographs – We will have a team of photographers snapping away which we will share on the ADR Facebook Page after the event.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
It is hereby made clear that no refunds will be processed under any circumstances. The fees of any participant unable to compete in the race will not be returned.
Terms & Conditions
The Organizers reserve the right to change the deadline date at any time.
Please be courteous to the residents of Adani Shantigram, other runners, and race management personnel. Any inappropriate or harmful behavior to others or animals will incur serious penalties. Runners must indeed refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship, including any use of illicit drugs. If noted by the medical team, it will result in the immediate elimination of such runner from the race and all the Events organized. Do not block approaching runners deliberately at any cost. While you may not be penalized for it, doing such unsporting act will definitely degrade your credentials in eyes of others.
Please note, the Organizers will not entertain any Application forms at the time of distribution of bibs. Bibs would be handed over only on furnishing a valid id card.
The race bib must be worn at all times during the race and on the front of the body (chest, stomach, leg) and must be fully visible throughout the entire race. It must, therefore, always be positioned over any clothing and cannot for any reason be fixed onto the back
The Participant grants the Organizer the right to publish pictures and image material etc., recorded during or around the time of the Event, in which the Participant is visible.
The Participant can only participate in this Event if he/she has completed/ filled the Application form fully and truthfully and if the Participant has read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions mentioned in the Application form and website. In the event of incomplete /unfilled Application form; the Organizers reserves the right to reject such Application form without providing any intimation of such rejection to the concerned Participant. The Organizers also reserves the right to reject any Application forms even if the same is completed/ filled without providing any intimation of such rejection or without assigning any reasons to the concerned Participant.
Runners participating in this Event are not permitted to transfer their Bib to another runner. The Participants to note that ‘No Time Chip’or ‘Prizes’ will be distributed to any runners participating in this Event.
For reasons of force majeure the Organizers can decide to cancel this Event at short notice. If this Event is cancelled because of force majeure no new date will be set. The Organizer is not liable for any costs incurred by the Participant if this Event has to be cancelled because of force majeure.
Participation is at the Participant’s own risk. The Organizer is not liable for any damages, by whatever name, suffered by a Participant as a result of the participation, unless the damage is a direct consequence of deliberate intent or gross negligence on the part of the Organizer. This exclusion of liability also applies to serious damages such as all possible damages resulting from injury or death.
The Participant declares that he/she is aware of the fact that participation requires good physical and mental health and declares that he meets this requirement and that he has adequately prepared for this Event through training and other means. The Organizer expressly and urgently advises the Participant to undergo a medical examination in relation to participating in this Event.
The Participant indemnifies the Organizer against liability for damages suffered by third parties as a result of an act or omission relating to this Event that is attributable to a Participant. The Participant indemnifies the Organizer against liability for damages the Participant could suffer as a result of his participation in this Event, unless such damage is a direct result of deliberate intent or gross negligence attributable to the Organizer.
The Organizer will save personal data provided by the Participant in a database. By participating in an Event a Participant grants the Organizer permission to use the personal data to send information to the Participant and/or to provide personal data to third parties for the purpose of sending information to the Participant. By entering into the Agreement the Participant grants the Organizer permission to publish his name, for instance by means of publication in newspapers and via the Internet.
The Race Director and Race Marshalls are authorized to uphold the regulations of the event. They have the rights to disqualify a participant if he/she is found littering or misbehaving with the residents of Adani Shantigram, staff, volunteers or other authorities.
ADR Ultra 2018: DISCLAIMER
I declare and confirm the following:
- I am fully aware of and have understood the risk and responsibility of participating in the ‘ADR Ultra 2018’. I will be participating entirely at my risk and responsibility.
- I understand the event is physically demanding and I must be of an appropriate health and fitness level to participate in such an event. I certify to my fitness and have submitted the necessary details in the registration form to be validated by the organizers.
- I understand the risk of participating on a course laid on public roads with vehicular traffic.
- The medical details submitted by me are currently valid and based on medical reports dated within the past 6 months.
- All information I have submitted in the registration form is true.
- I understand the organizers have the right to reject my application
- I understand the organizers have the right to cease my participation before or during the Event on medical grounds.
- If I am taken ill, injured or sustain any other condition requiring medical attention, I hereby irrevocably authorize the event officials, organizers and their staff/volunteers to administer the necessary first aid/emergency care/transport me to a medical facility for further treatment as per their discretion at my risk and cost. I take all responsibility for the treatment administered to me. I will pay or reimburse to the organizers or their representatives my medical and emergency expenses.
- I shall provide to race officials such medical data relating to me as they may request.
- I, along with my legal representatives, waive all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all Event organizers, officials, sponsors, contractors, firms working on or near the venue, volunteers and other entities or persons associated with the event, their employees and representatives arising from my participating in the Event on account of illness, injury, death or any other.